We believe in finding your fit. That’s why we not only encourage campus visits, but also award Campus Visit Scholarships.
All students who enroll full-time at Ferrum College for Fall 2018 and make an official visit to campus between June 1, 2017 and May 1, 2018 are eligible to receive the Campus Visit Scholarship, as well as students who enroll full-time at Ferrum College for Spring 2018 and make an official visit to campus between June 1, 2016 and December 10, 2017. Eligible students will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship per academic year ($500 per semester), which is renewable for four years.
An official visit is one arranged with the admissions office, a coach, or other college representative. Official visits may include:
- Touring campus with a representative of the admissions office
- An interview with an admissions counselor
- Attending a Fall or Spring Panther Preview Program
- Participating in a group visit arranged by a high school or another entity
- Participating in an athletic recruitment visit **
- Attending any special visit opportunity hosted by the admissions office
** Students visiting campus as athletic recruits or at the invitation of other college representatives must notify the Admissions Office by phone at 540.365.4290 (or 800.868.9797, option 1), by email at email@example.com, or by having the individual coordinating the visit contact our office. In most cases, those arranging official visits will include a meeting with an admissions counselor, which will also qualify the student for the scholarship.
Students attending Ferrum College through a program that meets or exceeds their tuition are ineligible for the campus visit scholarship. Such programs may include but are not limited to the tuition benefits, tuition exchange, and veteran administration benefits/military programs.
Panther Express Decision Day
Saturday, September 23, 2017 beginning at 9:00 a.m.
The Admissions Office is hosting an onsite admissions decision event for students interested in applying for Spring or Fall 2018! Why wait for an acceptance letter when you can meet with a Ferrum Admissions Counselor and receive a decision in the same day? In order to make an onsite admissions decision, we need your completed application, official high school transcript, and official SAT and/or ACT scores. If you do not have test scores, we may still be able to provide a decision based just on your transcript. For transfer students, we also need your official college transcripts from all colleges you have attended.
Plus, you can attend our Homecoming football game that day for free! Kickoff is at 1:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday: 10:00 a.m. & 2:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10:30 a.m.
Students, parents, family members, and friends are all invited to visit campus! The Admissions Office conducts regularly scheduled tours and information sessions during the times listed above. During the week, we will also arrange appointments with coaches, faculty, financial aid, or others upon request depending on their availability.
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Saturday, December 2, 2017
Panther Preview is Ferrum College’s Open House Program and is held on select Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Participants will have the opportunity to talk with faculty, staff, and students about academics, athletics, and student activities as well as admissions and financial aid personnel. Find out what more you can do at Panther Preview.
Throughout the year, the Admissions Office offers walking tours and information sessions to groups. Group tours are only available to middle school and older students.
If you are interested in scheduling a group tour, please contact our office at 800.868.9797, option 1, several weeks in advance.
Make the Most of Your Visit
At any time of the year:
- Talk with Admissions or Financial Aid staff about opportunities for scholarships and other financial assistance.
- Ask us if a faculty member or athletic coach would be available to meet with you during your visit.
- Request to have lunch in our dining hall.
- Explore! In addition to a tour, make sure you see as much of campus and the surrounding area as possible.
Additional options when classes are in session (fall & spring semesters):
- Sit in on a college class to see campus through the eyes of a current student.
- Schedule an appointment with a faculty member to discuss for major of interest.
- Request a personal meeting with an athletic coach.
- Inquire about an athletic game, student activity, or other event taking place on the day of your visit. You can view our Events Calendar to assist you.
- Talk with all Ferrum students you encounter during your visit to learn about their experiences and why they chose Ferrum!